The Party by Merissa Lee Kelley

Here comes Mr. Circumstance…he’s bearing down on me
Trying to steal my joy and peace…and take my liberty
I can hear him yelling out “You can run, but you can’t hide!”
I guess he doesn’t realize, just WHO is by my side

For if he did…he’d take his gloom and head the other way
Cause I am headed to a party…I get an invite everyday
It truly is a celebration…where I can just chill out
And know that mercy flows anew to erase my fear and doubt

Oh, come on Mr. Circumstance…you ought to know by now
That even in the midst of you…I’ll see the Son somehow
And if I stumble just a bit…from the darkness of your clouds
I’ll find my way to the party…where the praise is rockin’ loud!

Cause Jesus changes everything; takes the natural in his hand
Steps it up to supernatural and gives me strength to stand
And even when I feel surrounded by questions running wild
I can go to a Kingdom party, because I am His child

Really, Mr. Circumstance…you may seek to rob my hope
And make it seem that all is lost…with my back against the ropes
But all it takes is pushing back…in prayer with all my might
And we both know through Jesus Christ…just who will win this fight

Mr. Circumstance, your invitation was lost somewhere it seems
It must be rough to only glimpse the party of your dreams
If you’ll excuse me…I see the Son…and I think I heard him call
“Come on in…you’re all invited…to the greatest party of all!!!!”

August 3, 2015
Inspired by Pastor Matt Roger’s sermon on August 2, 2015
All Generations Church
 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4 (NIV)
 © 2015 Merissa Lee Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment