The End of Me

Hello God...it's me again...could You send some change my way?
I need a change of attitude in what I do and say
My mind is focused on the clutter that blocks the total view
I've got my eyes on circumstances, instead of seeing You

Rescue me from negative thoughts, for they make my spirit weak
They trickle down and make an exit into the words I speak
Renew my mind...transform my life...change the way I think
Your living waters will quench my thirst...but I must choose to drink

Hello God...I'm slipping here...could You make a change in me?
I need a change inside my heart so I can be set free
Help me reach the "end of me"...so You can take control
I know it's in the breaking Lord, that You will make me whole

For often times I get off course in the things that I pursue
I need Your gentle hand of peace to guide me back to You
When I "react" I make decisions based on how I "feel"
So help me to "respond" instead...and stay within Your will

Whatever needs to change in me...I yield it all to You
And give You all authority to do the work You need to do
When I am in Your refining fire, help me see You in the flames
And trust You'll regulate the heat...by the power of Your name

Fill me with compassion Father, for the struggles others face
I haven't walked inside their shoes and I've not been in their place
Line my "talk" up with my "walk"...for they must go hand in hand
My witness has to be for real...if it's ever going to stand

I believe I finally get it Lord...I think I finally see
My circumstances may not change...till a change occurs in me
Your steadfast love is all I need to stand on solid ground
And wait for Your amazing grace to change my life around

Merissa Lee Kelley
February 4, 2007

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by
the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment